Friday, March 15, 2013
Truly happy
As I've said before, several people in my life are pregnant. One is a coworker and another is my college roommate. I thought it was going to be difficult to watch them grow little babies inside them, but it has actually been a good experience. I find myself looking forward to seeing updates on Facebook from my friend about her latest ultrasound. I catch myself peeking at the bump my coworker is getting. I really am happy for them, and no "buts" either. I have jokingly told my former roommate that we WILL be pregnant together...and while that would be fantastic, I am ok knowing that my baby is going to come when it is meant to and not as a matching fashion accessory. I have talked to my coworker about the difficulties of finding affordable maternity clothes, and don't cringe a bit when she says "you'll find out soon." I'm hoping that she's right and it will be sooner rather than later, but that doesn't mean that I can't be happy for the mommies-to-be who are close to me. I am feeling much better since Ben and I had our heart-to-heart and I am confident that I would not be nearly as happy with where I am, where we are or where my friends are if I was still carrying that burden.
Labels:
inner peace,
stress
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment