Friday, January 18, 2013

Be Prepared

What kind of Eagle Scout wife would I be if I wasn't prepared?

I bought a Halloween costume for a baby I don't even have. Ben rolled his eyes affectionately at me when I showed him. Can a person roll their eyes affectionately? Sure, why not! It's a fuzzy snowman and it's practically perfect...size 0-9 months, warm for our Ohio October, unisex and best of all, less than $10.

That's not all I've got! I have a few maternity shirts hiding in my closet. I also got a toddler tuxedo and gnome costume from a friend. We've got four names chosen--two boy names and two girl names (first AND middle) in case we have two children of the same gender. I told Ben that we can have as many children as he wants, but I'm only giving birth to two. We'll see if that sticks. I've been pinning like a madwoman on Pinterest, getting all kinds of ideas for tips, tricks, birth announcement ideas and basically anything cute and baby-fied.

I even talked to my OB at my appointment this week to see how I could do my best (the Cub Scout motto!) to prepare for pregnancy. She told me prenatal vitamins ASAP, so that they're in my system during the first six to eight weeks when the baby's setting up shop. She also said that they don't typically counsel until a couple has been trying for a year, since 80% conceive within that time. Odds are in my favor! Until then, I guess I'll have to keep pinning away and amassing clothes that make Ben roll his eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment