Friday, January 18, 2013
I will wait for you...
Every time I hear "I Will Wait" by Mumford and Sons, I think of you.
"These days of dust
Which we have known
Will blow away with this new sun..."
Those lines kinda remind me of an old diary, full of childhood dreams, tucked in a forgotten window seat. I'm ready for my dust to be blown away, to have my life opened to a new chapter and to welcome you, our little one, into the wonderful story your dad and I have started.
I have a confession, too. When I sing the lines above in my head...ok, out loud, who am I kidding...I replace SUN with SON. Don't get me wrong--I will be happy whether you are a baby boy or a baby girl. For the sake of poetic license, though, SON it is.
"Now I'll be bold
As well as strong
And use my head alongside my heart..."
This is everything I want to be as a parent and everything I wish for you as my child. Be bold: courageous in the face of the struggles we'll have; take risks and be willing to make mistakes, but always learn from them. As well as strong: provide strength, comfort and support for you and be able to let you utilize your own strength when you can. Use my head: make the best decisions possible as often as possible, and seek out those who know more so they can pass on their wisdom. Alongside my heart: always, always, always love and cherish each other; use the love to guide decisions, picking up where logic left off.
"And I will wait, I will wait for you
And I will wait, I will wait for you
And I will wait, I will wait for you..."
And I will. As long as it takes. I will wait until the pregnancy test is positive. I will wait until I see you as a gray bean-shaped speck on the ultrasound. I will wait until I hear the waw-waw of your faint heartbeat. I will wait until I feel your tiny feet press my stomach from the inside out. I will wait until I hold you delicately in my arms. I will wait for you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I started with Oct and bounced to Jan and went top to bottom and . . .
ReplyDeletedamn it this one made me cry.
I am so happy for you sweetheart that you got your wish, Ben too.
dad
And now you know why it's "Baby Mumfy" :)
Delete