Thursday, October 24, 2013
Dear baby... (4)
Dear baby,
I have been shamefully putting off writing to you since I found out you were on your way. I was scared that if I wrote you directly, that it would somehow jinx everything and you wouldn't be real anymore. Heck, even the pregnancy journal I was so anxious to start keeping didn't even have writing in it until after the first trimester. I wrote everything on index cards each week and then transferred it all over. I guess I still have some jadedness to overcome.
Enough about me. You are here and you are a little being growing in my belly! We have dubbed you "Baby Mumfy." You can thank my friend Nicole for that one. :) We have the 16 week appointment tomorrow and I'm hoping we'll be able to schedule the 20 week ultrasound then. I'm also hoping your dad will be able to hear your heartbeat for the first time. I can't wait to share that with him! It will probably be at the 20 week ultrasound when we find out whether you are a boy or a girl. Ideally, we'll find out right before Thanksgiving and can share the news with family at the celebrations.
The last time we had an ultrasound, you were just a little blip on the screen. It will be neat to see your little body and watch you move around. I think I've been feeling you a little recently, but it's hard to say for sure. I look forward to being sure that I feel you as you dance around. Just be nice to your neighbors: my bladder and stomach and spleen. :)
So, Baby Mumfy, welcome to my tummy, your residence for the next 5 months or so. I will do my best to give you a good home as you grow and develop there and in exchange I'd like you to be my adorable little baby when your lease is up. I think you can handle that!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment