Monday, October 14, 2013
What I did today...
First of several posts that remained hidden until the pregnancy was announced. This was written the day I took the first positive pregnancy test on August 4th, 2013.
This morning I was stressed about Ben not having a job. We had an argument, but it didn't last long. I told him I was scared, and he said he felt the same, but that we would figure it out together.
I looked for jobs for him. There were a couple prospects, but mostly I researched substitute teaching jobs for him so that we'll have something at least to pay the bills for a while. I hope something pans out.
I ordered Wing Zone for lunch. I like Wing Zone, but Ben's not crazy about it. He got BW3 instead. He always gets the parmesan garlic wings that gives him the most horrible breath!
I worked on my beading a little. I was going to start on wine glass charms, but I realized the wire I had was too thin, so I'll need to pick up some heavier gauge wire. So, I started on ornaments instead. They're coming out nicely, I think. I don't know if they'll sell very well, but it's worth a shot.
Then, Ben helped me paint some leggings for a GenCon costume. It didn't turn out the way I'd like them to, but I think it will be ok.
I asked Ben to cook dinner and he was fine with that. We tried a new sauce with a packet of red beans and rice that we like. I thought the sauce was ok, but not as good as the sauce we usually have with it. I was very appreciative that he cooked, though! I told him one of the best smells in the world was food that someone else cooks. :) I also had the last of the leftovers from when I made my mom's soup earlier this week when Ben was taking the Bar.
I searched for pictures of hairstyles for a haircut I'll be getting soon for my costume (just a little trim. I told Ben I wouldn't cut it drastically until after my siblings' weddings), as well as pictures of hairstyles to get an idea for how my sister wants her hair done for her wedding. I sent my sister a picture that I wanted her opinion on, and we talked back and forth about it and other options.
I watched the newest episode of Drop Dead Diva and Devious Maids and a friend and I texted each other about what took place in DDD. We're both disappointed that Jane and Owen don't seem to be getting back together.
I had bought a basal thermometer and two pregnancy tests from the pharmacy the other day. With our doctor's appointment coming up, I had a feeling they'll want me to start tracking my temperature. Plus, I wanted the tests ahead of time so that when I need them, they'll be here. I had a wonky period this past month and I've been kind of crampy for a couple of weeks. I knew these might be indicators of pregnancy, but I didn't want to get my hopes up. Just to make sure, I took the pregnancy test without telling Ben.
And it was POSITIVE!! I was brushing my hair waiting for it to come through and I happened to look down and see that it said "Pregnant." (I always get the digital ones. I know they're more expensive, but I'd rather have a definitive answer than something I have to interpret.) It took me a second to register that there wasn't a "Not" in front of the "Pregnant." I started shaking and ran (literally ran) outside to the car where I had left a picture frame that said "Dad" on it. I bought it the month I was late and I've kept it in my car so Ben wouldn't see it.
I ran back inside and knocked on Ben's office door. I asked what he was doing, and he said "Why?" I said "What are you doing? Tell me what you're doing." I'm sure it reminded him of the Coca Cola incident when we were first dating, but he humored me and said that he was watching a show. I asked him if he could pause it for a couple of minutes so I could give him something. I handed him the picture frame. He looked at it for a few seconds, then looked at me and said "Are you pregnant??" I started crying and nodded, then went back into the bathroom to get the test and show him. I was still crying as he looked at the test, but I was able to say "Take a picture!!" and we both got our phones and took several pictures of the positive pregnancy test.
The next thing he said was "I need to get a job!" and I couldn't agree more. We are both so happy. We're going to keep the appointment this week with the doctor, and maybe he can take a blood test to confirm. This post will probably be posted several days, weeks or months from now, but I wanted to make sure it was all written down before I forgot about the day I found out I was pregnant. :)
Labels:
father,
mother,
pregnancy test
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment