Friday, December 27, 2013

Somewhat annoyed, somewhat nervous

Annoyed: The ob called today because apparently when I had my ultrasound last, the baby was measuring large...as in 95th percentile. Compared to the 77th he was in at the one 4 weeks before. They asked if the ultrasound people had mentioned that they wanted to do ANOTHER ultrasound. Um, no, in fact they hadn't even mentioned that he was measuring large. This also happened at the earlier ultrasound re: my low placenta and the possibility of pelvic rest.

It's frustrating to either get part if the information or none of it and then find out later. I spent an entire month on self-enforced pelvic rest because I was worried about hurting me or the baby before finding out it moved. Granted they were not able to predict that it would move, but the least they could have done was say whether pelvic rest was necessary or not. I had to get the wishy-washy warning from the doctor. Now I get a phone call a more than a week later "oh, they didn't tell you your baby grew 22% more than expected in 4 weeks?"



Nervous: I've been fretting about this all day since I got the call. I haven't gained an exorbitant amount of weight and the doctor measured me at the last visit and said everything looked fine, so where is this extra size coming from?

I'm concerned his increased size could be from gestational diabetes. I haven't gone for my blood glucose test yet--I planned to next week. Diabetes runs in my family on both sides, so it is likely I may be at a higher risk. Though, I looked up the diet I may get put on if I do have it...it's basically the same diet I follow now. :/

Also, I'm nervous about the cost of the ultrasounds that I'm getting. I like seeing my little baby Jonas, don't get me wrong. But money is tight and this being my first baby, I don't know what is necessary and what isn't. I don't want to have to spend money on something that I don't need.

2 comments:

  1. Explain your financial situation to your GP and ask his/her advice about what is necessary, a "nice to have" luxury, and unnecessary. Ask him/her to explain why a "nice to have" luxury is a good thing to have done if you can afford it but why it isn't a necessity.

    Love dad

    ReplyDelete